How to take Self-Portraits with phone at Home | Self Photography ideas at home with phone ( without using Tripod) | Spriha_Journal

How to take Self-Portraits with phone at Home | Self Photography ideas at home with phone ( without using Tripod / Ring Light).



Hey there! Welcome to my blog



Today I am going to share how you can take self portraits at home with your mobile phone even without using a tripod and ring light and buzz your Instagram feed with amazing self portraits. 

So, Let's get started..








 In this particular picture I chose to wear black and white and edited it  with a B&W effect . B&W combination can give the whole portrait a different silent and sexy vibe that can grab attention of the viewer.

A good picture is one which can tell a story and that's why eye contact play a very important role. 
Keep your eyes on camera and talk with your eyes . It can take the picture to a whole new level.

Another important thing is visualization. Before taking any picture, visualize yourself  in a particular pose and plan your shoot accordingly












Set your phone little below your waist and a little tinted outwards and voila! you can now click you self portrait in a wide angle. 





Play around with you outfit and you may also use props like a table, chair etc.








Stand facing your back towards camera. Turn back and grab a wall or whatever is there and  that's exactly how I got this picture.


So this was it. Lets quickly make a note these 5 simple steps  which can help you get a good self portrait at home  using your mobile phone without the help of  any  Tripod or ring Light .



Step 1 :   Place 2-3 big boxes one on top of other and adjust height accordingly make your DIY tripod😄.  

You may use wall or window to setup your phone in different angles.

Another way is to use a rack of books on a table or chair and set your phone there.




Step 2 :  Make sure to  pose facing a good source of light.  Natural sunlight serves best but if its not the case take any lamp and place it beside your phone camera, it will do the work.

You can also use Led lights in front of you 

Another variation is to put 2 coloured LED lights on two different sides and this will allow you to click some unique pictures



Step 3 :  Go to settings and select a 5s or 10s timer whatever you feel comfortable with. I usually keep it 5s, it gives me enough time to click and run back to take my position well.  

Also keep a good eye contact with camera. keeping a good eye contact is very important because eyes talk.



Step 4 :  Don't be at tensed  that you're posing or something just stay natural and play around with your fingers, hands, expression,  cloths etc. 

You may also use some prop like a chair or a fruit and play around with it. 

You can partially hide your face behind some flowers.












Take continuous 10-15 shots so that you can select later.



Step 5 :  Edit your pictures! yes, its a very important part of photography and you just can't skip it. I've heard people saying I want my pictures to be natural and all. That's bullshit, editing totally doesn't mean that you edit it and make it look like a  painting  instead set your exposures right and add little features. It makes your picture look more attractive and professional. 



You can buy a Tripod and a Ring light for sure if you want to invest but if you click self-portraits for hobby its totally not needed, I'm sure you will be able to click good self portraits if you follow these steps. Also it may be little frustrating at start but it comes with practice. You just need to be patient with yourself. 


If you shoot yourself for any kind of professional work I'd suggest in investing in a Tripod, its a good investment and saves a lot of time and effort, which will allow you some extra time to focus on your work.


I got myself this Flexible Gorillapod Tripod .  This tripod is super flexible and you can literally set it anywhere, be it a tree or fan or what not. 


I also got this little phone holder, you can place your phone in different ways and it serves the purpose quite effectively . The size is so small that you can literally put it in your bag or pocket anywhere and keep these with you anywhere. 

I attach it with the ceiling and take top shots by myself ( quite a creative arrangement 😁😁)


Earlier I used to shot my self portraits without any Tripod and I've done it for a long time wholly with 'JUGAAD'


All the pictures mentioned in this particular post are also shot without any Tripod or Ring light as the title suggests.


After all we Indians are known to be most 'JUGAADU' haha. 


Also I click most of my pictures in my phone. If you have a DSLR well and good otherwise most smartphones these days have a good quality camera. So, its not really an issue anymore.




If you like this self photography ideas at home, let me know in comment section. you can also post your self taken portrait on Instagram and tag me there. I love seeing people get inspired and it motivates me to work harder.



Also enjoy:














No comments:

For any feedback or queries, let me know in comments.

Powered by Blogger.